In an environment of increasing cyber-attacks, it is becoming more and more important for organisations to keep up to date with their operating systems security patching and software levels to increase protection.
With the end of support for Windows 7 scheduled for 2020, transitioning to Windows 10 now means vendor support is maintained but more importantly, the upgrade covers critical updates that reduce security risks.
Windows 10 is now up to its Fourth major upgrade which is called the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, offering the most secure operating system yet. The latest announcement of the anti-ransomware inclusion means that Windows 10 delivers comprehensive, built-in and ongoing security protections that you can trust.
Windows 10 security features include;
- Automatic checks for the latest updates, ensuring you stay protected at all times
- Windows defender antivirus, delivering ongoing protection from software threats
- Windows Firewall to protect against hackers and malicious software gaining access to your device
Whether you would like to tackle your upgrade all at once or gradually over time, mcr has the option to suit your needs:
- One-off deployment project: establish a Single Operating Environment (SOE) using a cookie-cutter approach for consistency across all your devices.
- Program of works: progressively upgrade according to your timeline – just give us your laptop or desktop for a few hours and we will upgrade and test
- Pre-paid engagement: if you have a refresh program approach and want to upgrade as you refresh your desktop or laptop fleet, we can create the SOE and deploy as you procure new devices.
In addition to operating system upgrades, mcr also recommends, for aging desktop devices, a migration from hard drive to solid state drives (SSD) in order to extend the life of the Desktop.
mcr professional services team are here to help with all your upgrades. Our support team can upgrade your desktop environment and extend the life of your Desktops by upgrading from hard drives (HDD) to solid state drives (SSD) in the same program as an upgrade to Windows 10.
This will greatly improve the speed of your Computer, as well as bringing your desktop environment up to the latest and most secure Operating system.