Virtualisation - smarter hardware at a lower cost
Virtualisation is the separation of a resource or service from the underlying physical resource or delivery of that service. For example, by using software as the basis of an IT hardware infrastructure, you’re able to run multiple virtual servers on one physical server.
How your business can benefit from Virtualisation Services:
- Improve hardware efficiency - on average anywhere between 85% - 95% of underlying CPU processing power remains unused
- Free up your expensive real estate
- Significantly lower your energy costs
- Reduce your payroll freeing up staff required to run multiple servers
Talk to us about your Virtualisation needs
Contact mcr's Virtualisation Team today on 1300 303 067 to discuss how mcr's Virtualisation Services could benefit your business or fill out the form and one of the mcr team will be in touch.
- Divides one physical server into multiple virtual environments, reducing the number and types of servers that you use.
- The 'sweet spot' in the current market, the entry level Virtualisation for most organisations.
- More than 60% of IT departments have or will use it in the coming years
- Significant cost savings due to lower power consumption
- More effective use of your IT infrastructure
- Separates a personal computer desktop from the physical machine.
- The virtualised desktop is stored on a remote central server, allowing your users to access it from any device capable of displaying the desktop, such as a PC, Laptop or HP thin client.
- The pooling of physical storage from multiple network devices into a single data storage device, managed from a central console significantly frees up physical space.
- Combines resources in a network by splitting the available bandwidth into independent channels. Each channel is then assigned to a particular server or device in real time.
- This technology is expected to rise in popularity as vSphere 4.0 and the Cisco Nexus 1000 switch become commonplace in data centres.
Book a Capacity Planner Assessment
Boost your IT infrastructure - lower your costs
mcr's Virtualisation and consultancy services help your business cut energy and ownership costs by making far better use of your IT infrastructure. The process of a Capacity Planner Assessment:
- Design: We help design the best IT Consolidation and Virtualisation Solutions for your business needs.
- Assess: Collect infrastructure data and provide visibility of complex IT environments.
- Plan: Plot the most efficient way to optimise server and infrastructure utilisation.
- Road map: mcr provides a detailed road map based on the results of your assessment of how to achieve Optimised Virtualisation Solutions.
How our Capacity Planner Assessments benefits your business:
- Ensures your IT infrastructure is performing at maximum efficiency
- Reduces IT hardware acquisition and operational costs
- Improves utilisation of your IT resources
Like a Capacity Planner Assessment?
Please contact mcr on 1300 303 067 or fill out the form and the mcr team will be in touch.