Oracle Database Appliance
The simple, highly reliable, affordable Database System for Small/Midsize Enterprises and Departments.
The new Oracle Database Appliance provides breakthrough ease of deployment and management of a high availability database - all in a single box.
Oracle’s High Availability (HA) Database System can provide appliance-like ease of deployment, patching, diagnostics, support, and storage management. This eliminates the time, risk and costs normally associated with building a high availability solution in-house.
The Oracle Database Appliance delivers HA database services for a wide range of applications. It offers unique pay-as-you-grow software licensing to seamlessly scale from 2 to 24 processor cores, without the cost and downtime usually associated with hardware upgrades. This creates savings from $10K to $60K compared to competitors’ solutions. And, all hardware and software components are supported by a single vendor – Oracle.
Reduces complexity, risk and cost.
Oracle Database Appliance is an integrated solution of database and systems software, server, storage, networking that is simple to install and manage.
It includes Oracle Database 11gR2 Enterprise Edition, Oracle Linux, Oracle Application Manager, and much more running on a Sun Fire X4370 M2 server with four 73GB solid state drives, 4TB of usable database storage and multiple redundancy and networking features. It may also include Oracle Real Application Clusters (Oracle RAC), as well as other options and management packs.
Oracle’s complete, single-box database solution gives companies:
- Simplicity of deployment and management plus fast plug-and-go installation and multiple automated features to save time.
- Performance of a database solution with unmatched reliability and security - from a single vendor.
- Fully-redundant high-availability solution with automated backup and failure detection.
- Opportunity to refresh hardware and consolidate databases at a very competitive price with Oracle’s pay-as-you-grow licencing option.
Like to find out more about the Oracle Database Appliance?
- Contact mcr on 1300 303 067 or fill out the form and the mcr team will be in touch.
Oracle Database Appliance 3D Demo